Does your house have a leaky or damaged roof? Has it been a long time since the roof was replaced altogether?
If you’re not taking good care of your roof, you could be setting yourself up for serious issues, including mold growth and structural deterioration.
Have you noticed signs of roof damage? Are you unsure if you should repair or replace it?
Read on for some tips that will help you decide which direction to go.
Signs You Need Roof Repair
Sometimes, you can take care of roof damage with some (relatively) simple repairs. If you need to invest in roof repair services, you might notice the following warning signs:
- Curled, cracked, or missing shingles
- Dark, dirty, or perpetually moist shingles
- Wear and tear around roof objects (vents, chimney, etc.)
- Stains on the interior ceiling or walls
- Leaks in your attic
- Outside light visible through the attic
You may notice an increase in your energy bills if you need to repair your roof, too. If you have cracks or leaks, for example, you could be losing hot or cool air through the roof as a result.
Signs You Need a Roof Replacement
In other cases, you’ll end up saving more money (and getting better results) if you partner with a roof replacement company.
Roof replacements are quite common. In fact, they make up 90 percent of the entire roofing industry’s volume and total value.
Here are some signs that you might need to schedule a roof replacement:
- It’s been a long time since your roof was replaced (most roofs typically last about 20-25 years, possibly 30 if it’s made of higher quality material)
- The roof is rotting or sagging (especially at the lower points on the roof)
- Mold, moss, or fungi are growing on the roof
If your neighbors are all getting new roofs, that can also be a sign that it’s time to at least consider replacing yours.
Remember, most of the houses in your neighborhood were probably built around the same time. If they’re investing in replacements, you may need to consider doing so as well.
How to Choose a Roof Repair Company
Most roof repair companies also offer roof replacement services. Here are some tips that can help you find a credible roofing company in your area:
- Ask for referrals from friends, family members, or neighbors who have recently repaired or replaced their roofs
- Look for a local company (local roofers will have better knowledge of the area and will offer recommendations that make sense for the climate)
- Check the company’s licensing and insurance to ensure they’re up to date
Read reviews, too. Most reputable roofing companies will have plenty of positive reviews and testimonials available from past customers.
Need to Repair or Replace Your Roof? We’ve Got Your Back
Whether you need to repair or replace your roof, one thing is for sure: You need to hire a professional to help you get the job done right!
If you’re located in or around the Lilburn, Georgia area, we’re here for you at Detailed Roofer. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to get a quote.